Azure AD Sync Tool for synchronizing Office 365 users and groups data to Workspace 365
Our sync tool is a tool an option to automatic synchronization of users and groups changed in Azure.
It’s something else than the Azure AD sync tool. The difference between them is that the Azure AD sync tool syncs all the information from Office 365 to Azure. Our sync tool syncs the information between Azure to Workspace 365.
Note: The synctool and support is available to our Partners. Are you a Workspace 365 Partner and interested? Please contact email@example.com (Note! added it as internal download to sent as attachment to customers)
Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant
Install PowerShell 5.0
Install module in PowerShell 5.0:
An active Azure subscription is required.
The goal of the Azure Active Directory Sync Tool is to transmit users, user groups and group membership information from Azure Active Directory to Workspace 365. The following diagram describes the general architecture of Azure Active Directory sync to Workspace 365.
The data flow is unidirectional – data is coming from Active Directory through the AD Sync tool into Workspace 365 API and ends up in Workspace 365 database.
AD Sync tool periodically queries the Active Directory for changes, and calls Workspace 365 API to process them. Sync tool is implemented either as console application or Windows service.
In general case, AD Sync tool is installed on a different server than Workspace 365 web application, though it is possible but not recommended keeping them on a single server. In case of different servers, it is required to be able to establish HTTPS connection between AD Sync Tool and Workspace servers.
To configure the whole process, three actions are required:
- Configure Active Directory so AD tool can access the information in it.
- Configure Workspace 365 so its API accepts information from the Sync Tool.
- Configure Sync tool so it can connect both to AD and Workspace 365
If you're using Azure AD you should use this sync tool to sync all the users and groups. Our Azure AD Sync tool can be downloaded here.
Azure Active Directory Sync.188.8.131.52.zip
- Fixed issue where the inactive state of a user was not always picked up as expected, now when a user is set to inactive in Office 365/Azure AD the sync tool will process it accordingly.
You can verify your Azure AD Synctool version by right clicking the "- NDAW.AzureActiveDirectorySync.Runner.exe" -> Properties -> Details.
To update the Azure AD Synctool you can follow these steps:
- Download the zipfile and unzip it.
- Stop the current Azure AD Sync service.
- Delete all DLL's from the current syncfolder
- Copy all files from the newly unzipped folder.
- Paste them in the current directory of the Azure AD Sync, and overwrite all files.
- Open the Configuration UI and check if everything is configured correct
- Please also be sure that the environmentname is non capital letters, so DEMO is not alllowed please change it to lower case.
- Go to the Azure AD
- Go to App Registrations
- Open de Workspace 365 AAD Sync application
- Be sure you have the following permissions, else add them:
- Be sure you select Application permissions
- Grant the admin permissions
- Start the Azure AD Sync service again.
- You're done!